WPPS Grade 1 2012

Creating lifelong learners

Walk to School Day

| 11 Comments

Dear Teachers and Parents,

As part of our Grade 1 Project we have been learning about Road Safety and we are organising a walk to school day for Grade 1’s. We are looking for a few adults to help us walk to school safely.

Grade 1’s will meet the adults at a special spot at 8:30 am and we will walk to school together in a ‘Walking School Bus’. This means we have an adult leading a group of children and an adult behind us. The more adults that can come, the more meeting places we will have. We are hoping this will get more Grade 1’s walking to school in nice weather and if it is a success we will help our friends from other grades think about walking safely to school too.

Please reply to this post if you can come or come to Grade 1 and speak to us.  \

Thank You!

From The Grade 1 Walk to School Committee.

Fiona T, Ahsan, Hussnain, Estelle, Edward, Bree, Angel, Tori, Tarik, Abass, Gow, Fawad, Jade, Jasmine, Joey, Liam, Nyachuot and Miss Cervenjak

1. I will be helping. Hope it’s a sunny day.

2. So do I!

It’s predicted that showers may blow in later on in the day. So fingers crossed for a ‘walking weather’ morning 😉

3. Can’t wait to walk to school with the children! It should be a fantastic morning!!!!

4. I would love to help out.

5. I would love to help. 😀 It sounds like lots of fun and I’ll be able to get some exercise too!

6. Thank you for helping us walk to school.
    We wish you good luck!

7. Thanks alot!

Your the best teachers!!
    From AJ

8. Hello Grade 1,

I would be happy to help you. I think this is a great idea!

Miss Pang

9. Nana will help and we will go to Dandenong North Pre-school

10. Thanks Nana!

We’re really looking forwad to our walk 🙂