WPPS Grade 1 2012

Creating lifelong learners

About Grade 1

Welcome to our site!

We are a Grade 1 Community Unit at Wooranna Park Primary School. Our school is located in Dandenong North, Victoria. In our Grade 1 Community we have 42 students, 2 teachers and 1 training teacher. The purpose of our blog is to share our learning with our families, our school community, our local community, our country and the world!

We also have Twitter to promote our blog and our learning. You can find us at @Grade1WPPS

Please contact us if you have any questions!

1. To everyone, on the holidays rode my bike and played some football. i went to my pops for the day, then my cousins tori and skye stayed at my house for 2 days. it was fun over the holdidays
    from BROADIE 🙂

2. Hi everyone,

Driving Brian’s sister to work today, Brian and Nathan were bored in the car, so we decided to play a game.

We played compound words (maybe too early? but it seemed like a good time to start).

Compound words are words that are made up of two different words that have of course different meanings but when put together, make up a whole new word again that means totally different again!

Here are some of the words that Brian and Nathan thought of..birthday, inside, homework, bookmark, spiderman, superman and ironman. Thinking of compound words can be a lot of fun…can you guys think of anything??